Building a herb planter for The Wigglers #cartoon strip. This herb planter is somewhere we can grow and talk about herbs.
I’ve seen a few ladder style designs. As an amateur DIY project, I built one. Visualised here.
The finished planter below, sits under my kitchen window, 1000mm wide and tall – 600mm from the wall.
We made a video to watch (6 minutes)
And 16-page how to pdf to download
I bought sawn / treated timber from Wickes:
- 4* 150*22mm 3.0m lengths – for sides, end and uprights
- 8 sides @ 1.0m – 4 end sets @ (150/170mm) 320mm
- 2 uprights @ 1.2m
- 2* 150mm*19 2.4m lengths – for base
- 4 bases @ 1.0m
- 18 19*32mm 2.4m length – for baton shelves
- plastic liner (pond liner)
- Clout nails
- I had some galvanised decking screws in my screwbox
- Tape measure
- set square
- Drill / screwdriver
- Black and Decker bench